Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Human Rights Watch

So we have done good. According to the NGO Human Rights Watch, who accoring to their motto are 'defending human rights worldwide' the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina holds fair and efficient war crimes trials. Well thank you very much. We have done what could. De nada.

Last week their report on the Court came out. In general they agreed with our work. In this timeline you can see how long the court is operational (I started working for it in August 2004).

I am leaving the Court in two days. There have been days that I hated my work. But when I read this report and the comments, I am gddmn proud of what we, and I, did here. Because against many, many odds, a crew of about 15 people turned an idea of trying war crimes in the country where they were committed, in less than three years into a fully operational Court of more then 300 people.

No matter what I will do after this, how much I might mess up my future carere, I can forever say that once I accomplished something, something that mattered, and that is bigger than myself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey David! I ended up on your blog by accident. As former study- and work colleague (RUG, Bizz), it is good to read your stories! I work for a human rights organisation in The Hague now. We actually have a vacancy at the moment. I don't know if it would be interesting for you, but I could send it to you if you want?

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home