Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Distress

Never write anything when you are upset. Never write anything when you are angry. Never write anything when you are in distress. Never write anything when you are in. Never write anything when you are. Never write anything when you. Never write anything when. Never write anything. Never write. Never. .

My mom always told me to count to 10 when I am upset. Although I hardly ever manage, I do try to live by that rule. See above. But today I got wet when going to work, when leaving work, when going for dinner, when leaving for dinner. And I know that I should worry about things that matter, and I know that I should pick the fights I can win, but by Jove, the weather here drives me mad!!!!!!! Rain. Rain. RAIN. Gddmn. I am wet, and I am upset. I have not been this wet since I went for my diving lisence... Double dmn. The weather in this country is not what I was told when I got here, and it pis.... Ah, well, never mind. When I complain people tell me that before the war the weather was really different. Ok, I am gullible, and I do believe that a lot of things were different before the war, but the weather.....?

Anyway, more delightfull: a cricket tournament is coming up. This weekend. After one pratice I have a bruise in a very inconvenient place allready, so good things to come. I am worried about the future...

More importantly- elections. The prime minister of the RS, once considered the reasonably guy by the West, is admitedly making the political decisions of his party based on guidelines from Serbia. Intresting times ahead....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From his SE Times bio:

"He was elected to the Republika Srpska Parliament, the National Assembly, in 1998 but was removed by then-High Representative Carlos Westendorp for obstructing the Dayton Peace Agreement. The removal meant that he was banned from political activity, but the decision was rescinded in July 1999 by Westendorp's replacement, Wolfgang Petritsch."

Great...

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, you said Prime Minister. I read President. No idea why. The above applies to Dragan Cavic, not the Prime Minister Milorad Dodik.

Having said that, would it surprise anyone if Cavic too is receiving phone calls of 'encouragement' from Belgrade?

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Davide, heb je het crickettoernooi overleefd? XX

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home