Sunday, April 22, 2007

Home is...

...where your own bed is. And mine is in Sarajevo- or so it feels.

It is good to be back, and odd too. Odd because I am not going back to Sarajevo- a place I have started to call home, notwithstanding all the moaning about the place. Good because Amsterdam in spring is a nice place.

As one can imagine, it takes some time to get Sarajevo out of my system, and the best thing I could think of was being very busy from the beginning, so that I do not have time to miss it. Flip-side of it is that within 5 days I was so occupied, that I have not even unpacked yet. Lovely. Anyway, I met with my editor on Thursday, and set dates for my book. On Friday I went to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, yesterday I started my regime of health (and failed- had drinks with My Brother, My Friend Fels and Fre and was feeling a bit messed up this morning. So I am going to try to restart this regime; from today onwards all is going to change- if one can not reach the goals set, change them, hehehe!)

From tomorrow onwards my blogs will no longer be about Sarajevo and war crimes. For those who read my stuff because of interest in that: sorry. From September onwards I will write about those topics again, I guess. From tomorrow onwards I will write for 5 months about private equity, micro credits and the likes. I am as curious about my new job as hopefully some of you are about the fact whether I will be able to write interesting stories about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home