Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Weekend

Time and distance are not dimensions- they are concepts. As in 'conceptual thinking'.
In Amsterdam I was living with an American and British guy for about 5 months, and I was surprised by their travel fever. Almost every weekend they went somewhere, usually by plane, but 9 hours in a bus just to go to Berlin to go to a party of a friend was not exceptional either.
It impressed me, but it never really encouraged me to do the same. Which was stupid, I come to realise now that I live here. So therefore I have made an unwritten rule: every second week I have to go somewhere. Thank god I do not live according to my own rules, because it would put quite a burden on every second weekend and be extremely tyring, but I am planning on going away this weekend and next weekend. Quite rock 'n' roll. This weekend I might go to the coast, or to Kosovo (respectively 4,5 hours and about 8 hours drive) unless I can work as an elections monitor, and the weekend after that I am going to Belgrade for sure...

Anyway, the cricket was really fun. There was no dount about it that we were the best team. We did not make it to the finals though, but as anyone who follows the international news knows, in cricket that has nothing to do with the qualities of a team. The umpire is the one who decides, and I am quite sure that this was a case of ball tempering the ref missed out on......

Nenad the neighbour told me that he wants to take me to the places he fought around town. He was a soldier here, and thinks that it is interesting for me to see the city through his eyes. So if I do not go to the coast or to Kosovo, than that will be my activity comming Saturday. That tour will stop making time a concept; it will be a dimension again, I guess. But I guess more for him than for me- his wartime dimension.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home