Thursday, December 28, 2006

"Not to win, but to take part"




As said in in previous post, I went skiing last weekend. It was the first day of the season, and one of the best skiing-days I have ever had here. I went to Jahorina, a vilage in the Republika Srpska, about 20 minutes drive from my house. During the 1984 Olympics it was the 'host' of the women's alpine skiing; the mountain is 1913 meters high. The Downhill, Giant Slalom and Slalom races were held here. The winner of the downhill race was a Swiss woman, named Michela Figini. Her time was 1:13:36. I snowboarded, so I was not even close to her time. In 1984 The Netherlands won exactely zero (0)medals.

I am the guy in the bottom picture with the very, very blue hat. Yes, it was cold.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home