Thursday, December 21, 2006

Once more, but last time now: fog

News is what journalists make of it.
This morning I was watching CNN and one of the items was about the closing of airports around London. Now I do realise that London is a major hub, and that it is one of the most important airports in Europe, maybe even in the world, but to make this a CNN headline is a bit too much. As if fog in London is exceptional....

Ofcourse the above-written is sheer envy. Here the airport is closed constantly in winter, as I wrote in a different blog, but I have never seen any news reporter even trying to make headlines out of that. And rightfully so. Because who cares?

To answer that question: me. Last week I was supposed to fly to Amsterdam, but since there was fog, I was rerouted through Belgrade. And for obvious reasons I could not fly there. And had to take a cab instead. A fortune poorer I was there. So I care. And thus wish that the closure of the Sarajevo airport was a CNN headline too. At least than there would be some effords made to purchase the right radar for foggy taking off and landing....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home