Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Modelling

Tormented, mysterious, intriguing. That is what a writer should look like on the picture on the back-side of his book. Not like he just put his fingers in a socket and is being electrocuted. And that is exactly what I looked like when the professional pictures for my book were taken yesterday- electrocuted. As if I combed my Afro hairdo all the way up, without the curls- fluffy; the pictures were taken outside, while the wind was blowing at 9 Beaufort.

A second chin, a chubby face, bad skin, thin hair- I have it all, and I have learned to live with that pain. So that is in the picture, whether I like it or not. But my hair should look cool, gddmnt!! I am a vain man.

So today the pictures will be re-taken. And again I have to shave, iron my shirt, my pants, hold in my belly, make sure I do not stain my clothes on the way to the shoot and act like I am a professional model. After all this, I think I can do 'tormented'. The 'mysterious' and the 'intriguing' are to be imagined in the pictures.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home