Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Polyglot

"Excusez-moi, j,ai une question: Gdje je ulica... I mean... Ou est la Rue de ..?"

"...."

"Hvala. I mean... Merci bien"

Six years of French in High School, and two years mandatory in University. And as soon as I am to speak it for real, I mix it up with Bosnian, which confuses me so much that I end up talking in English. Well done.
I am in Geneva. And will be here for a year. Geneva is small, calm and clean. Or so it seems on the first day that I am here. No bullet holes in houses, no pot holes in roads, no red light district, no Times Square, no litter. Just Swarovski, chocolate, the UN, Porsches and big shades. A place where everybody stops at the traffic lights, and where people are polite to each other.

My body is in Geneva, but my head not yet. Hopefully it will follow soon. In the meanwhile, my body will keep writing blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home