Friday, February 22, 2008

Crime Fightin'

"Son, do you know what I'm stopping you for?"

In every country where I have been stopped by the police (The Netherlands, the US, Bosnia, Romania, the Czech Republic, France and now Switzerland - quite an impressive list, if you look at it like this...) the copper always asks the same stupid question, namely whether I know why he is stopping me. As if they all went to the same police academy, or followed the same sensitivity training.

Tonight is the first night I am seriously thinking of writing some profanity, but since this is rather uncouth, I'll refrain from doing so.

"No, sir, I do not know what you are stopping me for. If I would have know that you were going to, I would have done something differently." Unfortunately I never say that. Nor anything else witty. I usually get my wallet and pay the fine. The damage of today is 140 CHF. Crossing a red light, no lights on my bike and an uninsured bike. Aaaaaaargh. What a waste of money. I could have gone skiing for that amount. I could have bought a goretex hiking shirt. A good pair of sunglasses. An easyjet ticket to a beach. And back.

I will not curse, but my god I am pissed- at myself though......

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can get a ticket for that in Amsterdam as well. No need to go all the way to Geneva...
Are your exams going well?
22nd of March? Count me in Count!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And stop reading FAZ!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home