Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Food nowadays...

I realize that I am a student when I am studying. Yes, it sounds very deep and profound, but what I mean is: I realize that I am a student when I am studying for my exams. Because I eat worse than I usually do.
My dinner of tonight:
*starter: bouillon from a vending machine;
*main course: microwave pasta;
*dessert: a candy bar.

For someone who got three cooking books for his birthday, and claims to like cooking, this is at best poor, and at worst appalling. When I studied for the first time, which was in the previous century (seriously, I am not kidding. However, it sounds longer ago than it was- only eight (8) years), I lived in a student house with five other guys. We took pride in our meals, in cooking and gaining weight because of that. O tempora o mores! Microwave food is the new 'in'. All my friends do it here. One of them even got a microwave cookbook for her birthday.

I used to laugh when people were talking about the good old days. However, they were not so bad. At least food-wise not.

Anyway, gotta go. Gotta get the pasta out of the microwave. Rcok'n'Roll...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear uncle David, how about a real home made brunch at my place? My granny Hanne will prepare us something, grandpa Peter and my parents will be there too. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Can't wait to be hugged by you!! lots of sloppy kisses from Abel H. Mogendorff

3:01 PM  
Blogger floris said...

Wow, that nephew of yours learned to write pretty fast...must be the non-nuked healthy food he's getting?

9:52 AM  
Blogger floris said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home