Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Parallel universes

Whenever I am at home (which, as most readers know, is not in my 'motherland'), it is as if the Netherlands does not exist. Whenever I am in the Netherlands, it is as if 'home' does not exist.

What I am trying to say, is that my life in the Netherlands and my life in a foreign country hardly seem to mix or mingle. What stresses me out abroad, doesn't make me raise an eyebrow in Holland; what annoys me in Holland, makes me laugh abroad. I have two lives, which I both like, but where unfortunately very few friends can take part in both.

I regret that, and often wish I could take friends from both worlds, and make them meet each other and become friends with each other as well (my friends and my friends should be friends). However, most of often the worlds stay separated, like parallel universes.

The crap however spills over: my Dutch credit card got canceled today, and now I do not have one in Switzerland anymore, while I need it here desperately. One way or another your earthly issues transfer easily abroad, whilst the things close to your heart stay where they are: in your own heart alone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home