Sunday, April 13, 2008

The end of a season...

...was today. Today was my last day of the ski season 2007/ 2008. The beauty of living in Switzerland, is that the skiing, just like in Bosnia, is excellent. Whereas the ski conditions (it est 'snow') in Bosnia where much better than here, Switzerland has some of the most amazing ski-resorts in the world. And if they are not to your liking, you can go to France. Which I most of the time did, admittedly.
Today I went to Chamonix, and I think I did the, hands down, coolest run ever, called La Vallee Blanche. A slope which took me about 4 hours, and which was almost all fresh powder. I have skied since I was 4, and this was one of the best days. Well, not counting the cable car ride to the top, which I did with my eyes closed (no joke)- I am suffering from a sudden but serious form of Acrophobia. While roping down (!) from the cable car station to the slope, I seriously considered crying. However, since that would have been both uncool and not helpful, I rejected the idea. Nevertheless, it was a great run. And a worthy end of a season.

And the end of one season is the beginning of another- the wedding season: over the coming 6 months I have 6 weddings, and counting. One is in France, one is in Spain and one is in Brazil. I am thinking of making a career switch- and become a wedding planner for my friends- at least I get to go to friendlier places than as a lawyer in humanitarian law...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home